ArduinoGeneral

Arduino Overload

userHead Chmiller1991 2017-11-07 01:10:46 4196 Views3 Replies
Hello, I have an arduino Mega with the 4-platform expander shield and then two GPIO expanders on that (All sold here). I am not using anywhere near all of the I/O, either digital or analog pins that I have available to me. But after fooling around with it for a long time I realized that if I unplug any two pins on the board then it works. However if I have all my gravity sensors, relays, and LED's plugged in, when I plug it in the my PC the lights come on but then die after like 10 seconds and my PC does not ever recognize it. If I unplug any two peripheral devices and plug it into the PC, it works perfectly.

What is happening, I was under the impression that if you had that many pins available you could use them without problem.

HELP! because it seems like a problem with the micro controller but I am not sure. since it doesn't matter which pins I remove to get it to work.
2017-11-15 17:28:25
Hi, How do you use all shields together? you can put the shield on the Mega multi IO shield, but the pins you want to use is still based on the pins. And if you have many sensors to use, you need to concern about if enough power is provided for the Mega
userHeadPic robert.chen
2017-11-15 11:16:27 I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. five nights at freddy's userHeadPic kakbrus