Troubleshooting

SIM7600CE shield setup

userHead GuusJanssen 2023-04-03 16:45:57 442 Views10 Replies

Hello,

I am using the sim7600CE shield and an Arduino uno WIFI rev2.

However I can not get the device to work, I tried to set it up using the manual on: https://wiki.dfrobot.com/SIM7600CE-T_4G(LTE)_Shield_V1.0_SKU_TEL0124

I use my (Dutch) sim card that works fine on my phone and has the SIM pin disabled. After inserting the sim in the shield, put it on the arduino and connect to power source and then pressing ‘BOOT’ as instructed does not give the result as expected, I tried many times and usually the ‘NET’ light does not light up at all. 2 times it did blink once, however it should continue blinking every second to indicate the network is connected. 

Also when uploading the code and sending AT in the serial monitor on the correct baud rate, I do not get any response at all. whereas serial monitor works for me using other scripts with my arduino.

Does anybody know what's wrong and how i can get the shield to work?

Thanks in advance

2023-06-27 15:17:39

Hi I power mine with 3x3.7 batteries through arduino uno DC jack or AC/DC transformer 9volt and have to press boot for couple of seconds and then  reset button a couple of times. Then wait the blue led net light comes on and then starts to blink. I'm usually connected and can do at command test.

userHeadPic Stephen.Russell
2023-06-27 15:10:59

userHeadPic Stephen.Russell
2023-04-06 13:21:12

RX connection D8

TX connection D7

SIM7600 default baud rate 9600

userHeadPic Miya.zhang
GuusJanssen wrote:

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately it is still not working, I think there is something wrong with the board, suddenly the “on” led has stopped working too whereas the lights on the arduino do work ( I got it connected to external power source not usb as instructed in the manual), so the board is not showing any life at all at the moment. I think its best to return the device and maybe get a replacement.Thanks for your great assistance!Guus

2023-04-07 22:33:19
GuusJanssen wrote:

I eventually got it working using your explanation, thanks! turned out the battery I was using had lost most of its power and weirdly did power the arduino but not the shield. I switched batteries and now it's working! :)

2023-04-17 01:45:08
2 Replies
2023-04-04 17:27:18

From your description there seems to be no problem.Do you have an external MAIN antenna? It is possible that the expansion board received a weak 4G signal caused by the failure to start. 

userHeadPic Miya.zhang
GuusJanssen wrote:

I've got it connected like the picture below. I connected jummer cap D7 and D8 (not fully sure if this is the right way) and got the code from the manual uploaded to the arduino (see screenshot). After pressing boot the Net led does nothing. And sending AT in the serial monitor does not give any response.

2023-04-04 23:47:44
1 Replies
2023-04-04 16:35:00

Thank you for your reply,

I use an Arduino UNO wifi rev2 which has an operating voltage of 5v and an input voltage of 6-20V, currently i'm using a 9V battery to power my arduino. The provider let me know that they use FDD-LTE band 3,7 and 20. 

userHeadPic GuusJanssen
2023-04-04 10:19:37

What is your power supply range for arduino? Maybe you can ask your SIM card provider which band the SIM card is working in and if it includes the band in the chart below.

userHeadPic Miya.zhang
GuusJanssen wrote:

Thank you for your reply,

I use an Arduino UNO wifi rev2 which has an operating voltage of 5v and an input voltage of 6-20V, currently i'm using a 9V battery to power my arduino. The provider let me know that they use FDD-LTE band 3,7 and 20. 

2023-04-04 16:35:28
1 Replies