Sigma boot manager order

userHead j.puls 2023-05-18 04:07:49 563 Views4 Replies

My LattePanda has two SSDs, one for Windows, one for Ubuntu. The boot manager defaults to Ubintu. How do I change this to Windows?

2023-05-20 08:28:33

Thanks, xingzhao zhu. You suggestion helped me understand the boot process!

userHeadPic j.puls
2023-05-18 09:25:12

I think I had a similar problem to yours while installing a dual system.

Do you mean you are in the GRUB page, but the default BOOT option is Ubuntu, like the following page?

If that's the problem you are facing, you could change the default BOOT OS in the Ubuntu OS /etc/default/grub

You could see the GRUB_DEFAULT=0

Is this case, you the 0 means BOOT in Ubuntu.

Then you could change the GRUB_DEFAULT=4, save the file and exit.

And update the grub config file by input “sudo update-grub”

If the terminal said that Windows has been found, that means you successfully change the default boot option.

Then reboot your computer

Successfully got into the Windows OS

userHeadPic Yeez_B
j.puls wrote:

Thanks, Jay, your suggestion worked like a charm!

2023-05-20 08:26:39
1 Replies
2023-05-18 09:22:43

Hello,

You can change the default boot order in your BIOS settings. To do that, you can first restart your LattePanda. Then repeat pressing F7 until BIOS shows up. Once you're in the BIOS settings, look for a section called "Boot", "Boot Order", or something similar. In the "Boot" section, you should see a list of bootable devices. This list will include your SSDs. Use the arrow keys to move the SSD with Windows installed on it to the top of the list. This will make it the default boot device. After you've made the changes, you need to save and exit the BIOS.

Best regards,

userHeadPic xingzhao.zhu