ArduinoGeneral

Cannot connect to brand new Nano...

userHead jmar.evans 2017-12-04 04:51:44 2901 Views3 Replies
I recently purchased a DFRobot Nano v3.1. I installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.5 from Arduino.cc site, including FTDI drivers. However, nothing shows up in Device Manager. DFRobot Support suggested executing two apps that were included with the IDE install: dpinst-x86.exe and dpinst-amd64.exe. I attempted to run the two files; the -x86 would not execute (error message: 64-bit OS not supported). The -amd64 ran to completion but I still have no Arduino Com port in Device Manager when I connect the Nano.

Info about my system. From Control Panel->System:
Processor: Intel Core i5-5300U CPU @2.3GHz
RAM: 8GB
System Type: 64-bit OS

I also have an Arduino UNO. When I plug it in, its port shows up in Device Manager and connects just fine, so there must be something different about the Nano's USB firmware.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Jesse
2017-12-14 15:25:49
htmanelski wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm
Just got a new Arduino Nano V3.1 from DFRobot about a week ago. It can be seen in the device manager on Mac and PC, but when it tries to execute sketches and always gives the error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

I tried installing the newest drivers and reflashing the bootloader using arduinoISP with my working Arduino Uno (released the reset button at different times), but I still get the same error message. I have made sure to choose the correct ports and devices when I try to run sketches. I hope somebody has a solution to your problem, it might help me too!
Hi,
Have you check the board information is right? it's ATmega 328 and have you use different USB cable, different version of IDE or PC to have a test, because this error message means the USB port can't communicate with Arduino
userHeadPic robert.chen
2017-12-13 06:38:26 HTMANELSKI,

As you can see from the thread linked below, I have had no luck with the Nano, nor have I had any luck getting support from this company! :-(

Good luck!

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-67.html ... 3652331673
userHeadPic jmar.evans
2017-12-05 05:29:32 Just got a new Arduino Nano V3.1 from DFRobot about a week ago. It can be seen in the device manager on Mac and PC, but when it tries to execute sketches and always gives the error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

I tried installing the newest drivers and reflashing the bootloader using arduinoISP with my working Arduino Uno (released the reset button at different times), but I still get the same error message. I have made sure to choose the correct ports and devices when I try to run sketches. I hope somebody has a solution to your problem, it might help me too!
userHeadPic htmanelski