DFR0760 Speech Synthesis V2 not working in UART and I2C (arduino library)?

userHead Tim.Gilmore 2024-01-25 22:14:04 214 Views1 Replies

After purchasing the DFRobot Gravity voice recognition module and having it work using the Arduino UNO R3 (5vdc) library coded for UART and I2C, I was able to also interface it to an Agon Light 2 single board computer (3.3vdc) which it worked similarly to the Arduino library code for UART. I haven't written I2C code for it yet. 

tdg8934/Agon-Light-2-Serial-Voice-Recognition: DF Robot - Gravity Offline Voice Recognition Sensor (3.3vdc useage) on Agon Light 2 (github.com)

I then purchased the DFR0760 Speech Synthesis V2 and connected it up similarly per the DFRobot wiki instructions for both UART and I2C first on the Arduino UNO R3. I used the library and example code for both UART and I2C and saw/heard nothing from the DFR0760 Speech Synthesis V2 module. I also tried to write some code for the Agon Light2 single board computer for the UART and still had no response from the module. 

Did I get a defective module? Is there a replacement policy or anything else I should try? 

I purchased it from electro maker online as I have in the past with no issues due to shipping cost being a little lower and within the USA. 

Thank you. Tim Gilmore

2024-01-30 18:20:38

The V2 version of the DFR0760 is now using the different library compare to the V1 one.

Maybe you could try if this library works:

https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobot_SpeechSynthesis_V2

userHeadPic Yeez_B