General

Connecting an external amplifier to the DFPlayer Mini

userHead HPB 2024-06-28 21:53:32 52 Views1 Replies

Hi, I have a custom application that uses DFPlayer Mini. I would like to connect an external amplifier to the DFPlayer. How would I go about this? Should I connect it to the DAC outputs or to the SPKR outputs?

2024-07-01 17:30:21

To connect an external amplifier to the DFPlayer Mini module, you should connect it to the **SPKR** (Speaker) outputs of the DFPlayer Mini. Here’s how you can do it:

### Steps to Connect External Amplifier to DFPlayer Mini

1. **Identify SPKR Outputs on DFPlayer Mini**: The DFPlayer Mini typically has SPKR+ and SPKR- pins labeled on the module itself. These are the amplified audio outputs that are meant to drive a speaker directly.

2. **Amplifier Selection**: Choose an external amplifier that matches the audio output requirements of the DFPlayer Mini. Typically, this would be a standard line-level audio amplifier that accepts the audio signal from the DFPlayer Mini and amplifies it to drive larger speakers or headphones.

3. **Connection Method**:
  - **Connect SPKR+ to Amplifier Input**: Connect the SPKR+ output from the DFPlayer Mini to the input of the amplifier. This usually goes to the "Left Input" or "Mono Input" on the amplifier.
  - **Connect SPKR- to Amplifier Ground**: Connect the SPKR- output from the DFPlayer Mini to the ground (GND) of the amplifier.

Ensure you match the polarity correctly (SPKR+ to input and SPKR- to ground).

4. **Power Supply**: Provide appropriate power to both the DFPlayer Mini and the external amplifier according to their specifications. They may have different voltage and current requirements.

5. **Volume Control**: If your amplifier has volume control, adjust it to an appropriate level to avoid distortion or overdriving your speakers.

### Important Considerations  https://www.heisener.com/

- **DAC Outputs**: The DFPlayer Mini also has DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) outputs which provide a line-level audio signal. However, these are typically meant for direct connection to external DACs or audio devices that expect a line-level signal, not for driving speakers or amplifiers directly. If you want to use these outputs, you would connect them to a line-level input on an audio system, not to an amplifier designed for speaker-level inputs.

- **Speaker Outputs (SPKR)**: These outputs are already amplified and are designed to drive speakers directly. Connecting an external amplifier to these outputs allows you to amplify the audio signal further or use a different type of amplifier (e.g., for specific speaker configurations or power requirements).

By connecting the external amplifier to the SPKR outputs of the DFPlayer Mini, you can effectively amplify the audio signal output from the DFPlayer Mini to drive external speakers or a larger audio system. Ensure all connections are secure and correct to avoid any potential damage to your equipment.

userHeadPic JAMES.JACK