General

I2C CONNECTION

userHead dania.najjar 2024-06-30 22:34:03 57 Views1 Replies

why when i connect iic dual uart module to jetson orin nano via i2c give me 4 addresses ?(i traid multiple connection with other devices (give me just one address))

(this when i connect the IIC DUAL UART MODULE)

i2cdetect -y -r 7
   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
70: 70 -- 72 -- 74 -- 76 --                         

IIC dual uart module: Gravity: IIC to dual UART module Wiki - DFRobot 5
Orin nano developer kit : Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit Getting Started | NVIDIA Developer

2024-07-01 17:16:40

When you connect an I2C dual UART module to your Jetson Orin Nano and use the `i2cdetect` command to scan for devices on the I2C bus, you are seeing four addresses (70, 72, 74, 76) instead of just one, which you might expect for a single device.

Here are a few reasons why this might be happening:

1. **Address Multiplexing or Bank Switching**: Some I2C devices, especially complex ones or those with multiple functionalities (like your dual UART module), use address multiplexing or bank switching techniques. This allows the device to appear at different addresses depending on the configuration or the state of certain control pins.

2. **Device Specific Functionality**: The dual UART module you are using might have different registers or configurations accessible at different I2C addresses. Each address could correspond to a different aspect of the device's functionality, such as configuring UART channels separately or accessing different sets of control registers.

3. **Address Selection Pins**: Some devices allow you to configure the I2C address using external pins or jumpers. If these pins are floating or set to a certain pattern, the device might respond at multiple addresses simultaneously.

4. **I2C Bus Issues**: In rare cases, if there are issues with the I2C bus, such as noise or improper termination, it might cause multiple addresses to appear due to reflections or cross-talk.

To pinpoint the exact reason for your specific module, you would need to consult the module's datasheet or documentation. Look for sections that detail the I2C address configuration or any mention of address multiplexing. It's also a good idea to check any configuration jumpers or pins on the module itself to see if they affect the address selection.

If you only intend to communicate with a single UART channel on the module, you'll need to determine which specific address corresponds to that UART channel and use that address in your I2C communication code. If you need to access multiple UART channels, you'll need to handle communication with each corresponding address separately.

In summary, the multiple addresses appearing during the `i2cdetect` scan likely indicate different functionalities or configurations accessible through those addresses on your dual UART module.  https://www.heisener.com/

userHeadPic JAMES.JACK