GravityGeneral

KIT0139 Readings do not change

userHead siesta.nap 2024-10-14 17:23:21 47 Views1 Replies

Hi DF Support.  I am having an issue getting a correct reading off the KIT0139 I picked up for a project.  I have it wired in the according to the diagram below.  I have checked voltages across all the components and they all appear to be correct.  The voltage returned to me on the blue wire from voltage converter to the A0 pin on my NodeMCU is 0.25v.  I can disconnect the wire and see the value drop to 0.  I currently have the sensor sitting in 200MM of water.  When I raise or lower the sensor in the water, or when it is not in water, the reading coming from voltage converter is always 0.25v.  Do I have a faulty sensor or is there something about this wiring that is incorrect.  My intent is to use the sensor with HomeAssistant.  Any assistance in getting correct values would be helpful.

throw-in
2024-10-15 20:38:06

It seems that I get the same voltage reading from the voltage converter whether the throw in sensor is connected or not.  I don't know if the sensor is faulty or converter is.  I believe I can test the converter by applying a current that is within range and seeing if the voltage responds.  Can I read the current from the sensor by applying 24V to it and simply reading what mA it outputs?

userHeadPic siesta.nap