RoboticsGeneral

Where to connect encoders of 'Rover 5' (ROB0055-4M4E) to Romeo Edison Controller (DFR0331)

userHead Account cancelled 2018-11-21 21:27:06 3856 Views1 Replies
Hi folks,

I have a "Rover 5 Tank Chassis (4 motors with 4 Encoders) / SKU:ROB0055-4M4E" and a "Romeo for Intel® Edison Controller (With Intel® Edison) SKU:DFR0350" to drive it...

Two questions :)

a) Where do i connect the 'quadrature encoder output' wires from the Rover's four encoders to the Edison Controller? I.e. which pins on controller for all four encoders?

(The four wires from encoder are: RED is +5V for the encoder, BLACK is 0V (ground), WHITE is signal A, YELLOW is signal B.

( :roll: Manual from the product page is NOT clear on this.. :roll: )

b). Could you please attach / paste some arduino code so that i can adjust setting for encoders?

Much appreciated :)

Michael.

P.S. Please see pics of Rover encoder wires and Romeo Pinout attached
______
2018-12-20 16:54:58 1. The connector is not compatible with Romeo boards, two methods, one is cut the connector, connect the wires to the green terminals directly, another is to find the connector and wire them to the terminal. the first method is easier.
2. There is no much example about Romeo Edison, how about The wiki of the motor control part? https://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/ ... or_Control
userHeadPic robert.chen