ArduinoGeneral

SIM7600 CE Library and Code

userHead u1080665 2019-04-29 11:12:57 10642 Views8 Replies
Hi.

I found a code from Adafruit for the SIM7000. There is also a video demonstration you tube.
Would you have anything for the SIM7600 CE. I can recieve calls using the module. but I am having difficulties in programming to send and receive text messages.

This is the link to the SIM7000 video[https://youtu.be/l3He0RGahN4].

Help on this please.

Mthulisi Mlilo
2019-10-13 12:59:47
robert wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:13 am
Hey,
Unfortunately there is no SIM7600 library. However, you can use the following github link https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobot_SIM to get an overview of how to send AT commands to your Sim module. The linked library provides a solid foundation to guide how to send and receive texts. I highly suggest you take a look at the product wiki page https://wiki.dfrobot.com/SIM7600CE-Myfirstpremiercard_T_4G(LTE)_Shield_V1.0_SKU_TEL0124 . Here we have examples of sending and receiving text messages which are done using AT commands through a serial communication tool.
I wrote some psuedo code below to help you get started synthesizing the two sources

setup area {
//Here do normal serial setup for your board and establish serial connection to communication with the SIM module
Write "AT" to the SIM module serial port
Read response and check if == "OK"
}

main loop area{

//Send a text
numbertToSendTo="555555555"
Write "AT+CMGF=1" to SIM module serial
Read response and check it =="OK"
//Set the number you want to send to
Write "AT+CMGS=" + "numberToSendTo"
//This is where you would send the data you would like
//You must send a hex value of 1A since this key value will send the text
Write DataYouWantToSend +hexValue(1A)

//Receive a text

//Your sim module will write to the designated serial port automatically if it receives a text
//This is designated by a keyword CMTI "SM", num , where num is the waiting number of messages
Read Serial and see if "+CMTI:: 'SM',1" is received
Write "AT + CMGR=1"
Read Serial to get the text message info
//Format for text received is
//+CMGR: "REC READ", "phone number who sent the text", "","Time it was received"
// Then the message

}
I am developing a project in which I need to modify data from a remote server, with information coming from sensors connected to my arduino UNO. I have read the product´s readme on GitHub and I have found that it is possible to send data with 4G. I would like to ask if, using this shield I could alter data in a remote database with a POST petition or similar, and if it is possible, is there any example or code that is already done? I think this product is able to do it but I don´t know how to begin coding because it is completely new for me.
userHeadPic jonathanpayne754
2019-10-02 01:58:44 Hi!
I am developing a project in which I need to modify data from a remote server, with information coming from sensors connected to my arduino UNO. I have read the product´s readme on GitHub and I have found that it is possible to send data with 4G. I would like to ask if, using this shield I could alter data in a remote database with a POST petition or similar, and if it is possible, is there any example or code that is already done? I think this product is able to do it but I don´t know how to begin coding because it is completely new for me.
Thank you so much! :D
userHeadPic aker.poliuk
2019-08-26 17:20:32 Well in that case you can completely ignore the receiving text portion. In your main loop you will continuously check if the condition is met and once it is met, you can then send the text message. Here is the psuedo code for that:

//Hardware Setup
//Plug shield onto your arduino uno
//Connect Digital Pin 7 to the RX pin in the jumper cap using a cable
//Connect Digital Pin 8 to the TX pin in the jumper cap using a second cable
//Whatever sensor you have

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial myserial(7, 8); //Define virtual serial port name as myseria,Rx is port 7, Tx is port 8
bool contitionToSend=false;
void setup() {
myserial.begin(115200); //Initialize virtual serial port
Serial.begin(115200); //Initialize Arduino default serial port
}

void loop(){

//Here read your sensor or whatever you are testing your condition
//once it is met
//conditionToSend=true

if(contitionToSend==true){
//Send a text
myserial.write("AT+CMGF=1\n");
//Replace 5555..5 with your phone number
myserial.write("AT+CMGS=\"555555555\"\n");
myserial.write("My condition was met\n");
myserial.write(0x1A);
}
}
userHeadPic robert
2019-08-26 16:06:58 Thank you. The plan is for the module to send a message to me automatically upon meeting certain conditions.
How can one achieve that?
userHeadPic u1080665
2019-08-26 15:13:08 Hey,
Unfortunately there is no SIM7600 library. However, you can use the following github link https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobot_SIM to get an overview of how to send AT commands to your Sim module. The linked library provides a solid foundation to guide how to send and receive texts. I highly suggest you take a look at the product wiki page https://wiki.dfrobot.com/SIM7600CE-T_4G ... KU_TEL0124 . Here we have examples of sending and receiving text messages which are done using AT commands through a serial communication tool.
I wrote some psuedo code below to help you get started synthesizing the two sources

setup area {
//Here do normal serial setup for your board and establish serial connection to communication with the SIM module
Write "AT" to the SIM module serial port
Read response and check if == "OK"
}

main loop area{

//Send a text
numbertToSendTo="555555555"
Write "AT+CMGF=1" to SIM module serial
//Set the number you want to send to
Write "AT+CMGS=" + "numberToSendTo"
//This is where you would send the data you would like
//You must send a hex value of 1A since this key value will send the text
Write DataYouWantToSend +hexValue(1A)

//Receive a text

//Your sim module will write to the designated serial port automatically if it receives a text
//This is designated by a keyword CMTI "SM", num , where num is the waiting number of messages
Read Serial and see if "+CMTI:: 'SM',1" is received
Write "AT + CMGR=1"
Read Serial to get the text message info
//Format for text received is
//+CMGR: "REC READ", "phone number who sent the text", "","Time it was received"
// Then the message

}
userHeadPic robert
2019-08-25 19:18:42 My apologies for a very late response.

I will send the codes later, but for now, please send the library for DFRobot_SIM7600 library

Regards,
Mthulisi
userHeadPic u1080665
2019-05-17 16:07:44 In addition to receiving messages with the AT command, what about other functions, such as sending messages?
If you want, could you give me the screenshoot of serial monitor, or other more detail imfor?
userHeadPic techsupport