2.13" e-ink Display Raspberry Pi v3

userHead dobotrobot 2023-02-26 02:12:51 239 Views2 Replies

Looking for troubleshooting steps I can take to get this device working. Not a programmer, just learning. The example scripts are not working for me. Working on a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a fresh install of Raspberry Pi OS Lite 32-bit, updated, with SPI and I2C enabled. Thanks for any help in advance.

pi@pi:~ $ git clone https://github.com/cdjq/DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3
Cloning into 'DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 98, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (98/98), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (72/72), done.
remote: Total 98 (delta 25), reused 91 (delta 21), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (98/98), 5.84 MiB | 1.15 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (25/25), done.       

pi@pi:~ $ cd DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3/examples/dfrobot_epaper/

pi@pi:~/DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3/examples/dfrobot_epaper $ ls
demo_bitmap.py  demo_graphics.py  demo_multiLingual.py  demo_print.py  demo_withKey.py  epaper-Chinese.bmp  __init__.py  logo_colorbits1.bmp  logo_colorbits24.bmp

pi@pi:~/DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3/examples/dfrobot_epaper $ python3 demo_bitmap.py 
 File "/home/pi/DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3/examples/dfrobot_epaper/demo_bitmap.py", line 12
   '''
      ^
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 38: invalid continuation byte

pi@pi:~/DFRobot_RPi_Display_V3/examples/dfrobot_epaper $ python demo_bitmap.py 
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "demo_bitmap.py", line 17, in <module>
   from devices import DFRobot_Epaper
ImportError: No module named devices

2023-02-28 14:02:33

Hi

We have tested the code, and confirmed that the Chinese comment in the code influences the compiling of code.

We have asked the product manager to update the driver and it will soon been upload to git.Hope it can help.

userHeadPic NeloKin
2023-02-27 23:52:55

Worked on this with a friend who is a programmer and familiar with Python, still unable to get the examples to work. As far as I can tell, this is an unsupported, dead product and I'm having trouble finding any documented builds with it working fully. 

userHeadPic dobotrobot