TroubleshootingArduino

Uploading firmware on Mega while sheild (DFR0921) is on

userHead Chandan.Sinha 2023-02-26 04:16:47 207 Views2 Replies

We recently bought an Arduino Mega shield (SKU: DFR0921) from DFROBOT. While testing it, I noticed that as soon as I connect the shield while I am powering the Arduino through USB from my laptop, the IDE stops detecting it. Reading through the corresponding webpage of the shield, I noticed that it has its own power supply (7-24 V), so I guess we just power this and that also powers the Arduino but then the trouble is we cannot upload the firmware while the shield is on the Arduino and we will have to take it out every time we want to upload a new firmware (even minor changes). Does anyone know a workaround? Is this how it is supposed to be?

2023-06-21 18:00:26

Are other modules connected to the shield? It is recommended to recheck the wiring to rule out wiring errors. I checked out the schematics for this product. There is only one sct2360fpbr chip in the product, which is used to convert voltage. Perhaps there is less chance of interference.

userHeadPic jenna
2023-02-26 07:51:24

Never mind, I solved it. Don't know why the IDE was showing arduino disconnected. Once I put the shield on properly, it started detecting the arduino again. If someone knows the reason for that weird behavior, please let me know. 

userHeadPic Chandan.Sinha