Raspberry PiGeneral

how to connect two (multiple) A01NYUB Ultrasonic Sensors to a raspberry pi 2 100 meters away?

userHead Panos.Takis 2023-11-22 22:21:14 195 Views1 Replies

how to connect two (multiple) A01NYUB Waterproof Ultrasonic Sensors to a raspberry pi 2 100 meters away?

As my Water tanks are out in the field and my warehouse is about 100m away I would like to be able to 

a) use one raspberry pi 2 to get both readings

b) transfer the signal 100m away to a protected warehouse environment.

As I have less or no previews experience with electronics, I found several ways to overcome the distance barrier. 

i)  using line drivers and line receivers. I have no idea what this is what to buy and how to implement it

ii) considering the communication method. ex. RS-485 Modules: RS-485 is a suitable communication protocol for longer distances. Implementation with RS-485 to UART converter module.

I can understand that ii) would require a different way to connect to raspberry. I also have no idea how to implement it

In both cases i) and  ii) as far as i can understand i will need to use POE not only to power the A01NYUB ultrasonic sensors but also the UART drivers in case of i) or the RS-485 to UART converter module in case ii)

ANY help would be welcome

P L E A S E   H E L P ! ! !

2023-11-24 01:43:20

The solution I got for a) is a “Gravity: I2C to Dual UART Module”.  https://www.dfrobot.com/product-2001.html

userHeadPic Panos.Takis