ArduinoGeneral

Gravity: Analog Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensor- Corrosion Resistant monitoring range, affect range

userHead an.yu.zoey 2017-12-31 01:13:11 2895 Views2 Replies

I'm working on this type of sensor, I'm using several this type of sensor together to sense the humidity of the soil. I noticed that the distance between two sensor will affect the output voltage. The closer the two sensor is, the lower the output reads. I know the principle of this results is perfect ok, due to they both generate a electrical field, but I want to know the affect range for of this sensor, so that I can plant several sensor together in order to get a more accurate results. 

So, what's the affect range of this type of sensor.

Looking forward for anyone's reply. Thanks! 

2018-01-02 17:24:17 I know they should measure the surface moisture, but when I put two like 5 cm apart they affect each other's output, so I want to know is there anyone else already do that research or is the producer already have that kind of datasheet. userHeadPic an.yu.zoey
2018-01-02 11:43:54 Hi
This sensor can only give a qualitative measurement of the moisture according to the moisture on the surface of the sensor, so there is no measuring range of the sensor, you can use two sensors and change the distance of the sensors to see how the outputs varies.
userHeadPic robert.chen